That pure Cane Spirit since 1848.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Well did you ever? What a swell party this is!

SafeTinspector: Giant of a man.
Last night, washed out of all hope (no James Bond on the TV) I took myself off to a quiet part of the Hall and checked in to the virtual world. It is something of an addiction now. There, in the comments, my faith in the world was restored anew. While such as he walk the earth, the West will not fail. It cannot.


I reproduce it here for us without apology.

“In the US we celebrate by drinking a concoction made mostly of bourbon and pickle brine called "chesapeke bell"


Its traditional to sprinkle crushed garlic cloves and grated nutmeg atop the drink, quaff it in one go and then attempt to out the names of all those to whom you wish good luck.

You can repeat the process as many times as you are able before getting too pissed* to stand, and can enlist the help of a trusted friend to continue imbibing until you are no longer able to operate your esophagus.

I'll tell you all that I barked each and every one of your psuedonymous names to the walls, which led my 'helper' to think I was nearly done, as it made no sence to hear tell of 'gorillas the bearded one, readheaded m'roon,' etc, etc.

After I pantomimed that I still had more in me, we finished the whole jar of brine together.
Good times, what?

*in honor of the UK majority on this blog, I'm using the UK definition of pissed, which is more drunk than angry.”

SafeTinspector Homepage 12.26.05 - 6:14 pm #

No comments: