That pure Cane Spirit since 1848.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I sing of a river I'm happy beside
The song that I sing is a song of the Clyde…

Oh the river Clyde, the wonderful Clyde
The name of it thrills me and fills me with pride
And I'm satisfied whate'er may betide
The sweetest of songs is the song of the Clyde

You may be interested to know, dear reader, that yesterday; Yours Truly was at the launch of D33, a type 45 destroyer! That’s right! Me! Well hurrah and three cheers for Maroon. There was free drink and vol-au-vents and hearts of oak.
There wasn’t hearts of oak, which was a disappointment, but I did meet the Commodore Home Fleet that I slagged off way back at the start of Cape to Rio.
A unexpected surge of patriotic jingoism forbids me to tell you how wonderful a ship it is. Suffice to say that at full steam ahead, it would move too fast to water ski. In fact, it may well be the fastest ship afloat.
There, I’ve let the cat out.
Can’t help it.

You can see the launch here:


BBC news



Video.


wikipedia HMS_Dauntless_(D33)



.wikipedia. WR-21




No comments: